Tuesday, 13 May 2008

The Blues


I've been digging through my box of scraps and sketches for inspiration. I was looking for something but haven't found it yet.

They all looked so pretty spread across the floor, but the photo doesn't do them justice. Need to invest in a new camera - or take a photography course... Isn't it all about the light?

Still deciding on the designs for the next print run, I came up with a new one yesterday that might be the first one... It's funny how you can struggle for ideas for so long then suddenly the gates open and they flood through!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Good luck working on your new designs - can't wait to see what you come up with!
and glad you liked seeing the fabric treasury, I think more than half were by Australian designers which was really cool :-)

The Shopping Sherpa said...

I found this post very useful when I started taking photos for my blog:

http://rosylittlethings.typepad.com/posie_gets_cozy/2006/01/how_i_take_pict.html

The Shopping Sherpa said...

Oh bum - it doesn't like long URLs so you'll have to add this to the end manually:
/01/how_i_take_pict.html

Leanne Graeff said...

Looking forward to seeing your new design - show some more of your inspiration too - if you have a chance. - Thanks!

Danielle said...

i love the sketch in the middle of your pic... the three tree-type shapes.