Tuesday, 6 May 2008

Fish and Flappers


I've been sketching up some new designs... I was trying to do some patterns with a naive twist and they have become quite stylised.


Staying with the aquatic theme, I remember years ago in San Francisco I saw sand dollars on the beach. I thought they were amazing things and they inspired this pattern:

I've ordered fabric today so will need to finalise which designs are printed very soon! I'll probably do one of these three, but I can't decide which... I do have a few more patterns up my sleeve! Very exciting - will have to think about colours too...

14 comments:

alixandrrraaa said...

i like the first one the best but the other two are amazing as well!!

Jacqui said...

I like the first one as well although I could see the third being made up into a bag for the summer - sorry I know you are moving into the winter in Australia but I am thinking summer in the UK! As for colours - I guess it depends who you are making it for - my daughter has just painted her room magenta pink and white!

Heids said...

I like number 3 best. We used to find lots of sand dollars on the beach here when we were growing up. They are beautiful.

Jules Knoblock said...

tough decision! And colours will make so much difference too... I'm liking your fabrics made up into cushions like in your Etsy shop. There's so many talented Melbournites around!!

Thanx for your comment on my blog, it (he/she) may just be my best creation yet! ;)
x

CurlyPops said...

I like the first one the best

glorydaze said...

I really like the last one the most, although the others are great to!

Kim said...

I really love the Sand Dollars!

Leanne Graeff said...

A vote for #3. Looks great.

kirsten said...

no. 1.
great designs.
fun watching your developing range. :)

Anonymous said...

I think no.1 is my favourite. I think it would look great in a choc brown with some teal blue/ burnt orange.

Danielle said...

They all look great, if I had to pick one I'd say the first one.

suzie wuzie said...

i really like the sand dollar one! but they are all too good to choose just one!

ShiriMe! said...

i'm from san francisco, so i'm partial to the sand dollar print. and since it will be summer soon over here, i'm thinking bright bold colors. but nothing too over the top and harsh. :)

diana said...

If pressed, I like the first one best. They are all lovely though.