Thursday, 29 May 2008

Gocco tree


Kids are in bed and I have a few minutes to myself. So I finally made some prints using my new gocco! I use the term 'new' loosely... I actually bought it over a year ago when I had a four week old baby, but when I first tried to use it my fuzzy brain was unable to comprehend the instructions... Honestly - I have trouble reading a manual on a good day!

About a month ago I started this project. First drawing a picture. Another day making the master. Tonight I have actually printed something! Quite happy with the result too!


The design was too fine to use the ink blockers so some of the yellow bled into the trees, but I quite like how that turned out too!

It's nice to finish the day with something to show for it!

8 comments:

diana said...

Love this one! I'm new to the gocco too. I think I'm a little heavy handed when I print mine. You seem to have got some lovely fine lines going in the detail of the tree - well done!

Jesse said...

It looks great! I like the yellow and black together.

Leanne Graeff said...

I agree that it is good to end the day on a creative high. Great first print!

Lumpkin said...

very sweet! and I know how nice it is to finish a project! it's the best feeling

Shimmy Shake said...

So fabulous, I love that print! I love the gocco - must investigate one for myself!

CurlyPops said...

Oooh love that design!

craftapalooza said...

Awesome work. Lovely illustration. Gocco's sooo much fun isn't it!

Sherrin said...

I love your design- and you're right, the way the yellow bleeds is good. I have a new gocco too... so much fun to play with.