Sunday, 6 July 2008

buttons

I've been having a bit of fun with buttons recently. Which is funny because I always had a thing against them, maybe stemming from childhood and my grandma's large button collection that was old and musty and smelly and exactly the sort of thing I would find interesting and pretty now. 
I've been using the kits that you buy from sewing stores, but I've seen those button making lever machines... I'd just have to justify the expense by making hundreds of buttons... but I don't know what I'd use them all for!

5 comments:

Hoppo Bumpo said...

Go on .... buy the lever machine! Make lots of buttons and put them in your Etsy store. I couldn't promise to buys hundreds, but would like a few! :)

Jesse said...

They look great! I like the button in the tree. I'm sure people would like to buy buttons to match your fabric - cushions with buttons in the same print but a different colourway would look lovely.

Leanne Graeff said...

I think buttons are a good idea - and you could use them as a give - away (put through a business card) as well as selling them in your shop. Perfect "add-on" sale :)

They are great!

Spin Spin said...

Yes, they look really really REALLY great. I'm sure they'd sell and you could use them to help tie up fabric orders - so sweet!

Amy said...

Your buttons are gorgeous! I love the black/natural contrast. So lovely :)