Friday, 18 July 2008

kiddy up!

I've been so busy with kids and family and visiting and stuff that I've not had time to think about much else recently. Our occasional care place is closing down in September so we've been busy trying to work out kids activities and childcare to fill the gap between then and Christmas, because in February they are both going to start new extended hours childcare/kinder. It seems hardly worth the settling in period when they have to finish up at the end of the year... on the other hand, those 3 hours twice a week has been all the regular free time I have had and I do need that time, so I might be pulling my hair out within days of having them both home full time! And it's not just for me, my 3 year old definitely needs that extra stimulation!
So my mind has been kid focussed... hence the new design I am sending to the printer today... we have had many talks about emotions, how you feel, I feel and other people feel, so this design has provoked a lot of discussions. I like that. Particularly the face with no mouth at all. We often talk about how she might be feeling...

7 comments:

cindy said...

I really like it. My son has aspergers autism so there is a lot of talks about trying to read peoples feelings. He is 3 too and loves his child care as much as we love them break. For some reason Mum doesn't want to play chasey for hours on end but other 3 year olds think it is great fun. Not sure where you live but I think they have a Monday morning available in the Malvern area.

pippijoe said...

I'm pleased you like it - Until I had kids I never knew that reading emotions was a learnt thing. Some kids do it well and others need a little help to understand.
Please email me Cindy, I would love to know more about the monday morning care!

Hoppo Bumpo said...

The new design is fantastic. Kids will love it. I'm also intrigued by the little girl with no mouth. After the exceptionally noisy afternoon we've had here, I was wondering whether she might be able to come and live at my house?

cindy said...

Hi again, I tried to email your info but it didn't go through so I have sent it through your etsy account. Hope this is ok.

CurlyPops said...

What a cute new design....it can be educational as well as pretty.

kirsten said...

too sweet!

kristy said...

I love it! Can I buy your fabric here in New Zealand??