Thursday, 10 July 2008

unfinished business

I'm off to Sydney for the weekend (with one sister, to see another sister) to meet my brand new nephew!! I will be taking with me a little something handmade... I really thought I would have finished it by now considering I started it when he was born 4 weeks ago! 

My kids have been hindering, I mean helping, me. They have been trying to get the stuffing in, too much, too little, then little hands pushing the bells so firmly inside they 'tink' rather than tinkle... I thought I'd make two and take one to Mikes for Mirabel next time I'm north of the river! Well that's the plan... I'm going to have to finish the little softie on the plane... I'm so looking forward to having no-one on my lap on the flight!! 
I'm presuming my sister is too sleep deprived to waste time reading this entry so this little trinket will be a surprise!

9 comments:

Hoppo Bumpo said...

Your Orchard fabric looks fantastic as a softie! Hope you all enjoy the trip and meeting your new nephew/cousin. It should be fun.

Danielle said...

Aww they are really sweet! What a great idea... I'm sure your sister & nephew will love theirs!
Hope you have a lovely weekend away :-)

méri said...

:)
Whising you a lovely and happy weekend!

diana said...

Love those lil trees. How did you go with the bell? I tried to do a softie with bell and it seemed to have a very dull tink. Maybe I overstuffed it.

pippijoe said...

Yes, we over stuffed ours at first and got a clunk more than a clink, but although we left lots in the trunk for a firm hold, then removed some of the stuffing until we ended up with a nice sound and squishy tree.

Annie said...

Have a great time away, and thanks for such a speedy delivery of my order last week.

Shimmy Shake said...

I have been reading your blog for a bit now and I really enjoy it. Your fabric is lovely(I even posted on it a while back due to my love). Anyways, I think your sister will adore this lovely creation. So perfect. Have a fun trip!

shannon said...

Are you aloud to take pins on planes these days?

pippijoe said...

Haha! I actually thought about that when I was putting my bag through the security check! But no-one said anything! I did feel a bit naughty when I sewed on the plane too, but managed to finish the softie on the flight. All good!