Wednesday, 1 October 2008

Stashed

I'm joining in meet me at mikes share your stash. I just had to share this one bought for my sister's first 'big bed'. She is 32 and the doona cover is yet to be made. It was passed on to me for my son's first big bed and is still stashed away. Family tradition. I'm not sure who designed it, there are no selvedge marks at all! For scale I have placed a matchbox car on the top left of the pic. Undoubtedly I will pass this on to another child for another big bed, as is.

10 comments:

amy.gunson said...

Wow! So wild and trippy and fun! What a crazy piece of fabric. I love it.

cindy said...

I think I just let out a little squeek of glee. That is devine!

Hoppo Bumpo said...

What a fabulous retro print! Love the colours.

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

AMAZING clours, too good to languish on a shelf!

Took me ages to find the dinky-car!

Bird Bath said...

That is wonderful fabric, love the colours, the birds - it's amazing!

handmaiden said...

Its a piece of retro artwork, too good to cut maybe a wall hanging/curtain instead

CurlyPops said...

I received my copy of Real Living in the mail today and found 2 of your cushions...congratulations!

pippijoe said...

eek! I heard from Elissa at Kelani that it was out now - unfortunately I don't subscribe so I'm yet to see the pics - can't wait!

re: fabric stash - Handmaiden, you're right, a wall hanging is a great idea for this fabric - it's definitely too good to cut up!!

Retro Age Vintage Fabrics said...

Oh - have I died and gone to heaven...how amazing is that fabric. Absolutely gorgeous! I wish I had that one in my stash - never seen anything like it before...and what a great idea to make it a textile family heirloom :)

Bridget B. said...

Oh that fabric is WONDERFUL!! It almost makes me want to design a whole room around it . . .