Friday, 12 December 2008

Summer will come!

I've been working on these for a while and launched the range at the market last week. Just in time for summer, which hasn't really kicked in here yet... but, should be here any day now!

Anyway, weather aside, the bags are made here in Melbourne using pippijoe fabrics (hemp or hemp/cotton) on the outside and lined with 100% cotton with a very strong magnetic clasp to hold them closed. The body of the bag has extra lining so it retains its shape even when full of festive goodies!
You can buy your own here or you could just get the fabric and make your own!

Talking of making your own, I could draw up the pattern or put some kits in the shop if you're interested? 

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love the nest one! It's gorgeous.

britt said...

just had to laugh at myself and share. i was reading where you said that summer was coming soon and was thinking to myself, "Wow. Wishful thinking. Summer is several months away!" Then duh, read where you are from!! ha. ha. but maybe only me who finds that funny.:) love the bags though!

Kristine said...

Fabulous bags Caitlin. Too hard to choose a favourite as they are all lovely. It's certainly sewing weather in Melbourne today. I can't remember the last time it rained this constantly. If I didn't have 3 boys destroying the house I'd be contemplating a day in doors with fabric.

norma said...

the bags are gorgeous, i would love you to do a pattern , thankyou

Annie said...

Love love love the bags. Yes a pattern would be fab and kits as well. Take a break and see you back after Christmas. Thanks for your lovely fabrics which I just love to sew with, and the speed of your posting.

Tania said...

Your bags and fabric are lovely. Would love to see a bag kit in your shop!