Tuesday, 15 June 2010

Getting the perfect picture


I've spent today taking photos to update my website, it's been sadly neglected... I find getting a good picture quite tricky, the sunlight these days has been patchy at best and I'd never profess to being a photographer. Also, I really would love to communicate the texture and feel of the fabric which I find is completely lost when the flash is used.


Happily, looking back at pictures from early days of pippijoe, I can see that I'm improving (from a very low benchmark)... and that is very satisfying!

Hopefully I'll get the pics up onto the website in another day or two!

p.s. any tips for a hack like me would be greatly appreciated!!

7 comments:

Penny said...

Yep, photography is a challenge. But we can't be great at everything, can we?! My tip - call in a professional. However, your shots look good to me - helps when your subjects are so lovely.

Mookah said...

Same problem here....have just called in some professional help. Will let you know how it goes.

Renae said...

I think your shots look lovely!

The only tip I have is 'light is everything', with good natural light you won't need the flash. Also helps if you camera can correct the white balance. This is not to say I am a photographer in any shape or form!!

Send flowers Poland said...

photography is Great...
I suggest this site to my friends so it could be useful & informative for them also. Great effort.
Send flowers Poland

china flowers said...

Good pic,s....
Really like this website, this really helps and very useful.
china flowers

upholstery fabricsh said...

Yes, I also think your shots are pretty lovely but those fabrics are even lovelier.

Bipasha said...

I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written.